Table of Contents
About Common University Entrance Test (CUET (UG/PG) - 2023)
What is CUET 2023?
The Common University Entrance Test, or CUET, is an all-India exam administered by the Ministry of Education for students seeking admission to UG, PG, and Ph.D. programs. Numerous central, state and private universities accept students based on CUET 2023 Results. Thus, candidates only need to qualify for this one exam to participate in the admissions process at multiple universities. The test is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). CUET 2023 Scorecard can be used by 90 universities to prepare the merit list and for individual counseling.
CUET 2023 Exam Highlights
|Name of the exam||Common University Entrance Test (CUET)|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a Year|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based Test, CBT)|
|Medium of the exam||13 languages- Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odiya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu|
|Number of Sections||4 Sections: IA, IB, II, and III|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Marking Scheme||+5: Correct; -1: Incorrect; 0: Unanswered|
|Exam Duration||Slot 1: 3 Hours 15 Minutes Slot 2: 3 Hours 45 Minutes (May vary as per the choice of sections)|
CUET 2023 Exam Dates
Below is the table containing the tentative CUET 2023 Exam Dates. The schedule is tentative and subject to change depending on the release of official notification by the NTA.
|CUET 2023 Events||Dates|
|Release of CUET 2023 Application Form||February 2023|
|Last day for submission of CUET 2023 Application Form||4th week of March 2023|
|Last date for online application fee payment||4th week of March 2023|
|Form Correction Window||1st week of April 2023|
|Release of CUET Admit Card||3rd week of April 2023|
|CUET 2023 Exam Date|
May 21 – 31, 2023
Reserved date: June 1 –7, 2023
|Release of Provisional CUET Answer Key||3rd week of June 2023|
|Last date for raising objection against CUET Answer Key||1st week of July 2023|
|CUET 2023 Result||4th week of July 2023|
CUET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- No age limit exists for CUET 2023.
- Candidates who passed the class 12th/equivalent examination are eligible to appear for CUET UG 2023.
- Candidates who are going to complete the 12th/equivalent examination in 2023 are eligible to appear for CUET UG 2023.
- Candidates must satisfy any age requirements of the university(es) to which they apply for admission.
- For admission through CUET 2023, the respective university’s policies on quota, category, relaxation, reservations, qualification, subject combinations, and preferences are applicable.
- Candidates should check the university’s website before applying because each university’s admission criteria may differ.
- Applicants should check the university’s eligibility requirements before applying.
- Even if a candidate passes the Entrance Test or meets the minimum score requirement, that does not guarantee admission to the Program at the University to which he or she has applied
CUET 2023 Exam Pattern
Exams for CUET 2023 are going to be conducted via Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. The question paper comprises of three sections with MCQ-type questions. CUET UG 2023 Exam Pattern is discussed below:
The demarcation of the three sections is as follows:
Section IA: 13 Languages (As a Medium and a “Language”)
Section IB: 20 Languages
Section II: 27 Domain-Specific Topic
Section III: General Test
At the time of application, a student can select any combination of language, domain-specific subjects, and general tests that is necessary for admission to the desired university’s program of study. All tests (except the “Language” test) are offered in Tamil, Telugu, Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Bengali, English, Odiya, Punjabi, and Urdu. To meet the requirements of the university of choice, applicants must choose one of the languages listed as the paper’s medium of instruction.
CUET 2023 Syllabus
CUET 2023 Preparation Strategy
Students have ample amount of time to revise their basics, brush up on their class 12th syllabus, be diligent and consistent in their preparation, and last but not least follow these small tips and tricks to ace CUET 2023 exam.
- Analyze the previous years’ question papers, understand the question pattern, and get an in-depth knowledge of the syllabus of the entrance exam.
- Make a study schedule. Divide the syllabus into smaller sections and brush up on the basics of every topic.
- The next step is to gain in-depth knowledge on each topic and devote additional time to topics that are difficult to grasp in a single sitting.
- After completing the syllabus, thoroughly revise each topic. Try solving several questions to improve your understanding.
- Finally, solve all the previous years’ question papers, mock tests, and revision tests that you can get your hands on.
- Don’t stress. Study to the best of your ability and perform admirably in the exam.
CUET 2023 Cut-Off
CUET UG 2023 Cut Off is going to depend upon the overall performance of the students all over the country. Candidates can get an idea about the overall cut-off by following the previous years’ cut-off trends. Since the counseling for CUET 2022 is still ongoing, the final cut-off is yet to be declared by the various participating universities. The minimum overall expected cut-off for CUET UG 2023 is discussed below.
|Category||Expected CUET 2023 Cut Off for B.Sc. and B.A. Courses||Expected CUET 2023 Cut Off for B.Tech. Courses|
|EWS (Economically Weaker Section) and OBC (Other Backward Class)||60%||65%|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)/ ST (Scheduled Tribes)||50%||55%|
|PwD (Person With Disability)||45%||50%|
Subjects Covered Under CUET 2023
The list of languages and domain-specific subjects offered under CUET UG 2023.
|Section IA: Languages (13 Languages)||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil,Telugu, Urdu|
|Section IB: Languages (20 Languages)||Arabic, Bodo, Chinese, Dogri, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Manipuri, Nepali, Persian, Russian, Santhali, Sindhi, Spanish, Tibetan, Sanskrit|
|Section II: Domain (27 Domain-Specific Subjects)||Accountancy/Book Keeping, Agriculture, Anthropology, Biology/Biological Studies/Biotechnology/Biochemistry, Business Studies, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Computer Science/Informatics Practices, Economics/Business Economics, Engineering Graphics, Entrepreneurship, Fine Arts/Visual Arts(Sculpture/Painting)/ Commercial Art, Geography/ Geology, History, Home Science, Knowledge Tradition-Practices India, Legal Studies, Mass Media/Mass Communication, Mathematics, Performing Arts- (i) Dance (Kathak/ Bharatnatyam/ Kathakkali/ Oddissi/ Kuchipudi/ Manipuri) (ii) Drama-Theatre (iii) /Music General (Hindustani/ Carnatic/ Rabindra Sangeet/ Percussion/ Non-Percussion), Physical Education/National Cadet Corps(NCC)/ Yoga, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Teaching Aptitude|
|Section III: General Test||For Vocational/Open Eligibility/Cross Stream/Any other as applicable|
Students who pass CUET 2023 exam will be able to enroll in a variety of UG programs at numerous central, state, and private universities.
|Name of Course||Number of Courses across Universities|
|UG and Integrated Courses||47|
|B.Ed., PG, M.Ed., Integrated M.Sc. B. Ed. & PG Diploma Programs||226|
Check List of various UG courses in Central Universities based on CUET scores
CUET 2023 Application Form
- CUET 2023 application form is going to be available online between April and May 2023 at cuet.samarth.ac.in
- The candidates must review the eligibility criteria of CUET UG 2023 before submitting the application form.
- Candidates must ensure accurate information and credentials are shared in the application form. Properly scanned documents must also be uploaded to support the data provided.
- The authorities are also going to also offer a correction window to the candidates, but only for certain fields and for a limited time.
- Applicants must retain a copy of the application form for future reference.
CUET 2023 Exam Centers
- A candidate can only choose a center city in his or her home state or current resident state.
- If there are insufficient candidates registered in a given city, the NTA may combine multiple cities into a single candidate pool. The NTA’s decision about city/center allocation will be absolute and final.
- The list of centers where CUET 2022 was conducted is available in appendix III of the information brochure. The NTA might add new cities depending on the demands of the student, or it might choose to remove a center while conducting CUET 2023.
CUET 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card can be downloaded from CUET 2023 official website- cuet.samarth.ac.in
- The candidate have to take the examination at the designated center on the date and time specified on his/her e-Admit Card.
- No candidate is permitted to appear at the examination center on a day or shift/time other than those printed on his or her admit card.
- If a candidate is unable to download his or her admit card from the internet, he or she should contact the NTA. The helpline details for CUET 2023 will be released by the NTA along with the official exam notification in due course of time.
- Candidates are encouraged to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and adhere to them rigorously throughout the examination.
CUET 2023 Result
- his/her marks obtained
- Qualifying status
- All-India rank (AIR)
CUET 2023 Counseling
- Every participating university holds its own counseling round.
- Candidates who pass CUET UG 2023 exam and are named on the merit list are eligible to apply for admission to the university of their choice.
- A university may hold multiple counseling rounds depending on the availability of seats.
- Counseling will start only after NTA officially declares the exam results.
CUET 2023 Participating Universities
Numerous Central, State, and Private universities accept admission into their UG programs based on CUET scores. The various universities participating in CUET UG 2023 are as follows:
However, the number of participating universities is subject to change depending upon the release of official notification of CUET 2023. Some of the famous central universities and the courses offered under them based on CUET 2023 are:
|University Name||UG Courses|
|University of Delhi||B.A. (Hons.), B.Voc., B.Tech., B.Com. (Hons.), B.Com., B.El.Ed., B.Sc.(Hons.), B.Sc., B.Sc. (Prog.), and BBE|
|Banaras Hindu University||B.A. (Hons.), B.Voc., B.Tech., B.Com. (Hons.), BFA, BBA, B.A.-LL.B, and B.Sc.(Hons.)|
|Jamia Milia Islamia||B.A. (Hons), B.Sc. (Hons.), and B.Voc.|
|University of Hyderabad||Integrated B.A.- M.A., B.Sc.- M.Sc., and B.Optom. – M.Optom.|
|Central University of Haryana||B.Tech., B.Sc. (Hons.), and B.Voc.|